Day out ideas and itineraries
Stuck on what to do when visiting the Lincolnshire Coast? Check out some of our ideas and itineraries which takes the stress out of planning for you.
Wake up at your accommodation (caravan, self-catering unit or hotel) excited for a jam packed day with the whole family!
- If the sun is shining head to Fantasy Island and enjoy the exhilarating rollercoasters which will test even the bravest of thrill seekers, Little Explorers is great for the younger members of the family and for those wanting to indulge in some retail therapy they also have Europe's biggest outdoor market which is open 7 days a week! Get your wristbands here
- If the weather is not on your side try out Jump Warriors a new purpose built trampoline park with where you can bounce on the trampolines, joust on the battle beam and test yourself on the cardio wall, book before hand to receive an online discount here
- If your are holidaying in Mablethorpe then enjoy the traditional fairground rides, stalls and kiosks at Mablethorpe Funfair or alternatively enjoy Skegness Pleasure Beach if you are further down the coast. They both have something for the whole family to enjoy and often have great deals on their wristbands.
If you or the kids have a passion for animal and wildlife then check out these hotspots on the coast.
- Just a short drive away from Skegness you will find Friskney which is home to the Lincolnshire Wildlife Park. Lincolnshire Wildlife Park is one of the UK’s largest animal sanctuaries. The residents come from all walks of life and from all over the world. They have an amazing array of animals that their dedicated keepers work with daily, from Tigers to Parrots and lots in between!
- If you are keen to see the marine life then explore the Skegness Aquarium with all sorts of creepy crawlies and sea life to see such as sting rays and sharks. If you are feeling brave enough then you can even book a special diving experience, something you will definitely never forget. Book your tickets here
- Why not spend a day seeing the amazing work that Natureland in Skegness and The Seal Sanctuary in Mablethorpe do to rescue, rehabilitate and release the injured seals. Both attractions have an array of different animals such as meerkats, penguins, big cats and reptiles.
Natural Coast Itinerary
The Lincolnshire coast has much more than fairgrounds and amusement parks just waiting to be discovered, here are some of our favourites.
- Gibraltar Point is a dynamic stretch of unspoilt coastline running southwards from the edge of Skegness to the mouth of the Wash. The spectacular Gibraltar Point Visitor Centre has been designed to make the most of the nature reserve's stunning views, with expansive windows facing the dunes and sea plus a rooftop viewing deck!
- Continue on your journey and visit The North Sea Observatory at Chapel Point, Chapel St Leonards, this provides a unique opportunity on the Lincolnshire coast to learn about and experience our important marine environment. The Observatory will be something unique to Lincolnshire as there are no purpose designed marine observatories anywhere else in the United Kingdom.
- Enjoy the 16 mile stretch of Coastal Path encompassing the tourist hotspot of Skegness, wild sand dunes and the world’s first official cloud spotting area, Lincolnshire’s first open stretch of the England Coast Path will enable people to explore the route’s natural and diverse wildlife that have made the area their home.