- 08 Jul, 2020
We Are Hiring! - Position Closed
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
Lincolnshire Coastal Destination BID Street Ranger Position
To work across the Lincolnshire Coastal BID Area.
Full-time – 37 hours per week (annualised hours)
Salary - £17,000 per annum (Initial fixed term contract March 2021)
We are looking to recruit a new Street Ranger to work across the Lincolnshire Coastal BID area, you will provide a warm welcome to visitors and support the safety and security of visitors, businesses and properties within the business improvement district area. You will work alongside the BID team to provide an on-street presence, reporting and escalating incidents. You will liaise with relevant agencies and the CCTV control room, working together to ensure the area looks clean and welcoming.
You will be customer focused, friendly and engaging and have excellent communication skills, you will enjoy working outdoors and have a positive can-do attitude. You will be able to deal with complaints and enquiries from members of the public, visitors and businesses and have a sound knowledge of the BID area. Signposting visitors to events, businesses and attractions and ensuring visitors leave with a positive visitor experience. You will be able to assist with basic gardening, weeding and litter picking duties as required. You will also support the BID team in delivering events and festivals.
These posts will require the postholder to be physically fit and be able to work some weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings.
Street rangers are at the core of the Lincolnshire Coastal Destination BID and serve to ensure the welcome, safety and security of visitors, businesses and properties within the destination business improvement district area. The role of the ranger is:
- To provide a visible presence on the streets within the area and to act as the eyes and ears of the company, escalating and reporting to the appropriate authority anything outside usual activity
- To regularly check known problem areas/hot spots and liaise with relevant agencies and the CCTV control room
- Dealing with queries, complaints and requests from members of the public, local BID businesses and visitors to the area and building relationships
- To enhance the service provided by the street cleaning team, ensuring the area looks clean and welcoming
- To provide a street furniture maintenance/ painting service as required
- To provide a warm welcome to visitors and act as an Ambassador for the area, assisting and signposting visitors to events, businesses and attractions as required, ensuring visitors make the most of their time spent in the area
- Supporting the areas shop-watch schemes and ensuring they continue to drive down retail crime
- Engage with local businesses in the BID area, in order to provide regular updates on key BID projects and initiatives
- Liaise with agencies on environmental and anti-social issues
- To signpost vulnerable people to relevant support agencies
- To support the delivery of BID events
- To attend and contribute to meetings with key service delivery organisations in relation to operational issues arising in the BID area
- Be responsible for recording and reporting incidents using the DISC App and ensuring accurate recording on Bid-Base to visits to BID businesses
- Deliver BID event flyers or any other promotional material
- This post will involve working to a shift/rota system, which will include Bank Holidays, weekends and some evenings
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is 22nd July 2020
Due to the volume of applications we are expected to receive we regret that will only contact those that have been successful in their application to be shortlisted for interview. Successful applicants will be contacted and interviews will be arranged accordingly.